The Bachelor of Science in Digital Technology & Design prepares graduates with advanced knowledge, technical skills and portfolios in a specific area of digital technology and design. Graduates understand and apply critical thinking and design process best practices toward solving problems. This degree is good preparation for a student planning to work as a digital designer in various fields of digital technology and design. Digital Technology & Design degree concentrations are designed to prepare students for careers in:
- Game Design
- Graphic Communications
- Mobile Application Development
- Social Media Management
- Website Design.
A certificate in Swift Coding is also available.
Specific program outcomes are listed below. The Digital Technology & Design program graduates will have:
- Successfully advanced in digital technologies and design aesthetics as evidenced by their portfolios and contributions to their employers and communities through student internships.
- Pursued graduate degrees or completed professional development activities in continuing to advance their knowledge base in fields related to digital technology and design.
- Official High School Transcript with a GPA of 2.30 / 4.00
- A 5.5 or above IELTS
- Or 61 or above on TOEFL
- Or 90 on Duolingo
- Students will be able to apply a working knowledge of various digital design tools to create a body of work that responds to audience, purpose and context.
- Students will be able to communicate digital technology and design concepts.
- GRFX 1113: Design Literacy (3 hours)
- GRFX 2783: human-centred Design (3 hours)
- CS 1114: Concepts of Programming (3 hours)
- CS 2114: Structured Programming (3 hours)
- ENG 3023 Creative Writing (3 hours)
- PSY 3613: Cultural Psychology (3 hours)
- GRFX 4773: Design & Build 1 (3 hours)
- GRFX 4783: Design & Build 2 (3 hours)
- GRFX 4603: Design and Technology Internship (3 hours)
- GRFX 4793: Design and Technology Portfolio (3 hours)